I'm in! My DS4 (December birthday) will start kindergarten next month, and I couldn't be more excited. We're very fortunate in that he'll go to a private school with less than 10 kids per grade where, supposedly, every kid is taught at the level of his/her ability. They spend the first two weeks of school assessing each child's personality, learning style, and achievement levels in all core subjects, and then develop an individualized curriculum for each student based on the results. I'm dying to hear the results--not so much for what it will tell me about my son, but for what it will tell me about the school. It would be so wonderful to be able to hand his education over to people who really "get" him and what he needs. There have to be SOME good schools out there, right?

If you had told me before I had kids that I would send mine to private school, I wouldn't have believed you, but I also didn't know then that two-year-olds can read. So, here we are. After hearing so many horror stories on this board, I'm just happy to have this school as an option, even if it's going to cost us. Ironically, the school is less than 10 minutes from my house, but it's so small and low-profile that I probably never would have known it catered to gifted kids if it hadn't been for the Davidson site. Thank god for the internet!

Anyway, we're cautiously optimistic here.