I"m relatively a new member and still don't quite understand why people use the DD jargon. But, I'll give it a try since I found this thread quite interesting . . .

We moved into an area with supposedly great public schools in Southern California and, as our DS5 (currently) got older, we realized the the public school would not be able to accommodate his skills. We put him in a private school that has an early K program and that individualizes instruction, and the school does do a pretty good job. Over the summer, we tried Stanford's EPGY math program and DS5 loved it. He is doing math at the 3.5 grade level and when I brought the Stanford program to the private's school attention, they immediately agreed to work it into their curriculum for him. In fact, they wanted to further research the program to see if it would be appropriate for other students.

Now, I have a little less to worry about in terms of his engagement and placement at least in math, and we are looking forward to starting Stanford's English program once he turns 6.

Also, hoping that our plan works.