My DS5 will be starting K in late Aug. DS7's K year was a disaster and we ended up homeschooling part way through, but I'm hoping that things will be better for DS5. He's much more self-confident than DS7 and just seems more comfortable in his own skin. He isn't as globally advanced, so while he does crazy things with math, he isn't reading yet. I'm hopeful that having something concrete that he can learn at school will help. He's also just much more agreeable and gets along easier with people.

The school seems much more accommodating than the school DS7 went to. DS5's school is just our normal public elementary, but they have reading and math at the same times for K through 3rd so that kids who need to go to different levels can do so without feeling weird or missing out on other classes.

We'll continue homeschooling DS7 and I'm a bit nervous about having a foot in each "camp". I'm hopeful that this will be good for everyone and maybe bring a bit of balance into our days where the kids aren't together all the time and they get to have their own spaces and own sets of friends.

If all else fails, at least I already have experience pulling a child from school and homeschooling, lol.