We are about the same place we were at the beginning of the year...nowhere.

I have pushed to have DS moved to 1st grade at least for math and reading. Nothing has happened even though at the beginning of December the principal told me that he'd be moved for math and they'd do 1st grade reading one on one with him in class.

He was having lots of issues focusing and getting into trouble and we put him on meds for ADD. I mainly did it so that he wouldn't get into trouble at school and they'd do something for him. Still nothing.

I'm fed up, frustrated and out of ideas and so is he. He keeps saying that he doesn't want to learn anymore or go to school because instead of learning they're regressing frown

He seems to have made two friends so that's great!

I'm looking into other options for next year. There's a public elementary school that he might be able to get into. He and the other gifted kids would be pulled for reading and math everyday. That sounds great but I know that by next year he'll be beyond what they're doing in those classes (in 1st they do 1st grade math and some 2nd grade) and I think I'll have even less of a chance of getting differentiation for him there. There's also a very expensive private school that I'm looking at that seems to allow kids to test out of grades and move up as they learn the material. There's no way that I can afford it though so I'm thinking about going there and pleading for a scholarship -- if they offer them. Has anybody done this before?