Originally Posted by Jamie B
It's like one day I feel overjoyed and the next I'm deflated.

JamieB - you hit the nail on the head with regard to how I feel and why I always say this is such a roller coaster ride. Thank you so much saying that many of our kids are like this. It makes me feel better to know that DS is not the only one. Glad your meeting went well!

WRT personal space, sometimes when DS talks to a classmate, he gets right into their face to talk - definite invasion of personal space. Also, he has a hard time sitting still, so when sitting at the table with classmates, he is up on his knees, back and forth, leaning over (therefore infringing on a classmate's space). He definitely has a lot of energy and the arms and legs are often moving around a lot. When standing in line, he bumps into the kids around him (not intentionally), and while he says he's sorry, he still continues to do it and the teacher said that the kids don't understand, become impatient, because it's not just once or twice, it can happen every day. Yes, we are very lucky in that the school is addressing his academic needs as well as his social needs. In fact, with regard to the personal space issue, they decided to set up a desk for him at the end of one of the tables, which is where he now sits (sort of like an extension of the table). This gives him more room, plus, with the academic work he is doing, he has more books/binders than his classmates and he needs a place to store them. So it serves two purposes and so far seems to be working well.