Oh well unfortunately the lady that's on my side is the school counselor. His enrichment teacher called me today and said that she recommended to his principal that he not be skipped. She said that he's too immature and she's not sure that he should be in the gifted 1st grade class next year either. I tried to explain to her that he's doing work well above his grade level but she didn't seem to care. She said that while his IQ may be high he can't apply it because he can't focus.

She asked if he was an only child and asked if I thought that he didn't like school because he gets disciplined. (I'm very upset by those comments because I don't see how they matter) Oh and she said that she's been teaching gifted kids for 30 years and ALL of her students are very bright. I'm not even sure why she said that because I never mentioned that I thought that DS was "more" gifted.

She suggested to me that I try to get him into a more advanced reading group in his class. I explained to her that since his class is still learning letters there are no reading groups. She then told me to get some 1st grade workbooks to do with him at home and I told her that we do EPGY and that he's already doing 2nd grade work.

So now I have to wait to hear from the principal. The gifted teacher said that the principal should be calling me soon. I'm dreading her call but I'm ready to put up a fight.