SPG - that is terrific!

And DS6's school, teachers & staff are just truly amazing. They care about DS soooooooo very much, and it shows. And I do believe this is why he is doing so well, not just academically, but socially too. He received all 3s & 3+s on his report card (3 = Exceeds Expectations, 2 = Meets, 1 = Progressing). He did get a P in two areas on behavior (P is progressing), and those were listening and talking - which, his teachers (he has a co-op teacher situation) immediately followed up with it being a behavior of gifted kids - I didn't even have to say anything! And it wasn't something they were too concerned about. They told me they are truly amazed at how he learns something and takes it an applies it to the lesson or future lessons; whereas, some of the kids just don't. And they say he's fitting in GREAT socially, which is always the biggest worry.

He had a state required test in December. He got a 100% on the reading, and he got a 96.2% on the math (missing one question - a money one, which he was JUST really learning at the time). But he's well above the grade average. And it's nice because even though things come naturally to him, he has a couple of kids in his class that are close to his level (albeit a whole year older) to keep up with him, so they are able to group him with 3 other kids for certain lessons - something that couldn't have been done if he was still in K.

They also told me his Target teacher (advanced learning program - his pullout class) just loves him to pieces. She's also the one who did his acceleration testing. She always comes by the class to make sure he's doing ok with his normal class stuff too. They try to find certain things to still challenge him on, and because Target is geared 2 grades ahead, he will have that there for the most part. He was frustrated last week because he couldn't figure out how to make 16 triangles out of a collection of dots; he could only make 13. And I actually think it's GOOD that he has some things he just doesn't get right off the bat. It will help with his perfectionism too!

Anyway, that was a book. I'm just so excited for him to be in such a great environment. I know not everyone has that experience, so I feel truly lucky and blessed.