hey everyone
just catching up on this thread.
i have a few dilemmas, though overall my HG+ DD5 is loving being in school- its a large school and she feels very big going to the cafeteria, etc. But there is no GT anythign until third grade and differentiation consists of getting an extra low-level ditto in her homework packet..

Dilemma 1 is that the other day they sent an email list home for all the other parents in the class. My daughter heard us talking about it and was bugging us to start writing emails to her classmates. So the other night i let her do it- she sent a message, independently, a few sentences, to one of her friends. She has no problem doing this kind of stuff. But we got no response from the girl, and when i casually mentioned to her teacher that she'd started emailing her classmates, she got strangely quiet and i sensed disapporoval as other kids would not be up to that... I want to be a good friend to others however, its such a shame that things she does well will make others feel bad..Another example of this is that there is a "fun pack" going around the class that all the kids have to add something to a little journal about autumn. So you see all the wriitngs of the other kids and your child adds a picture, word, etc. So when we got it, i noticed right away that we got it LAST.. coincidence?? or they don't want her work seen by the rest of the parents?? i hate feeling this way.

Dilemma 2- She started bringing home the same Fancy Nancy picture book every week from library. I asked her why and she said the librarian won't show her where the Junie B and Katie Kazoo books are. Whats sad is that my DD doesn't GET yet that she won't show her probably for a year or two. Every week she thinks she'll get her chance and is disappointed. I asked some of my friends if they think i should get involved in this and no one seems to really be sympathetic ("if i should have your problems"! is the feeling i get).. So not sure if any teacher will feel for her either.