So wren, that's back to Raddy's quiestion several months ago about telling the kid's there's value in taking loans for a secondary education. For what? Like literrally, what jobs will be available when the dust settles. I've seen bloggers saying we have the technology to be even more automated right now but we're not socially and economically ready for 10 hour work weeks.
Research ability is always a good skill in any environment. That's just good study skills. Socializing is a good habit. How else can we prepare kid's for success when the future's still up in the air?
Put on our compassion hats because it's going to get dark before the dawn? Right now we could use observant historians. What kind of living is that? That ain't going to pay the bills to raise my grandkids. (grandkids. lol. One of my kid's is 3 years, the other is 3 months.). So if the jobs don't come back I'm a little worried about crime, a little worried that we might stricter laws, is there really a lot of changes right now, or is it that I'm just now as a mother becoming interested in the news. Has the world always been this chaotic?

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar