I noticed in fine print in that article "not all in china practice 'tough love". I also saw there's a link to a blog that she will answer quiestions emailed to that link on tuesday. So, what were the main quiestions again?
How do the kid's learn anything besides mindless obedience that way?
Doesn't that make your kids incompetent, unable to think on their toes?
Are you going to keep meddling in their life for the rest of their life?

Was that the main quiestions and concerns about what became of her daughters? Or maybe, what was the point of all that? Would they not have been successful otherwise?

I kinda don't like these quiestions because they're thinly disguised opinions instead of the infamously "inquisitive, creative, thoughtful quiestions.". I honestly can't think of any better quiestions because my mother tough loved my poor brain out. I wish could think of an open minded skeptics quiestion for her. That would truly prove that westerner thinking is more better than her. Mwaa-haa-haa. But I can't. We're still better IMO. I just want a good quiestion she hasn't heard before. One that makes her think on her toes, think outside the box.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar