Originally Posted by La Texican
So is there anything to do for someone who's not night-trained and overflows , mh hmm. Besides denying drinks at night?
Yes - and btw, denying drinks at night may not work, and could even backfire. (My DS suffered a UTI a few months back, and I wonder whether his (own) reluctance to drink at supper and later for this reason contributed.) I don't know what the equivalent is in the US, but in the UK, ERIC is a good source of both information and supplies. We bought a waterproof sleeping bag liner (it's plasticy on the outside, but cottony on the inside); DS sleeps inside that in his bed, and then if he does have an accident it's only that and his clothing that's wet. If yours has frequent accidents you might want to get two! We also got a bedwetting alarm for DS and it seems to be helping, although until the child's body is developed enough (AIUI one important thing is an anti-diuretic hormone that stops urine production at night, but not in young children, and whose levels ramp up at different ages in different children) that may just be frustrating. Mainstream advice seems to be to just wait, unless the child is over 7 or so. Bedwetting is a lot more common than people think - it's just not talked about!

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail