Hi Howler,

I don't have any advice on fixing the problem because we're so far away from that point, but I do get a sense of escalating tension and a certain amount of isolation because of your circumstances. I know that everyone here has given you really thoughtful advice, but because you're not at liberty to explain the whole situation and because, really, it is very complex, I really think you'd benefit from finding someone else to talk to for yourself. At the moment you sound a lot like what happens in my head when I am dealing with a really stressful situation. It becomes a whirlwind of frustration and endless thinking and I can no longer see for looking (I'm not saying the answer is right in front of you, just that I know I stop being able to see the bigger picture, which I need when I'm problem solving). Without having someone to support you at home, I'd really recommend finding someone outside of that space just to give you someone objective to speak to.

I really do feel for you. It sounds like such a stressful situation. I have often thought your dd sounds very much like an older version of my dd and I anticipate similar issues (though without the added stress of a disability in our case). Best of luck and do take care of yourself.

Last edited by Giftodd; 03/29/11 08:38 PM.

"If children have interest, then education will follow" - Arthur C Clarke