Well, the holy grail of extracurricular activities would be a group of geeky teens playing RPG based on Doctor Who. I have heard tell that such a thing exists. We are investigating! smile

(Or Monty Python, or The Hitchhiker's Guide)

While the RPG components of D&D appeal, the basic fantasy-element of the game play is "Meh." She's more of a sci-fi and Metaphysics girl at this point. D&D might have appealed MORE about two years ago. The bonus, of course, is that it is great for executive skills and it tends to draw geek-type kids to start with.

She'd probably like being DM, but is not experienced enough for that. Yet.

Hmmm. Dropping back to fewer courses... She has a couple of electives right now, but one of them is one she's actually liking. (Consumer math-- applied personal finance type stuff, which she likes.) Dropping the other one, though-- now THAT is a possibility.

I wonder if we could still do that this late in the term?

Thanks for the ideas.

DD is happier and eating more normally now than just three days ago.

I think that this episode suggests that EARLY intervention (that is, when you first suspect a problem like this (possible ED) don't horse around and fail to seek professional help PRONTO.

DD seems ironically quite relieved that we understood that this was a call for help.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.