Breathing is always a good strategy when dealing with those crazy creatures called spouses wink

Seriously though, what caught my attention here is what he thinks middle school would do differently. She was presented the material by the virtual school, told to study for it, did not, or did so partially, did poorly and then responded in the negative way which you all are so concerned about. So if she went to a bricks and morter school, teacher would present the material, she would already know it, either do well deciding to play the game or melt down because it was such a waste of her time. But let's imagine for a moment they actually taught her something she did not know, then would give her a test on it, she would either study or not, fail or not and throw a fit or not. Just like every other kid her age !!!! and like every other family, parent s have a choice about whether they get tiger parenty on the kid about exams or let them sink on their own or something in between.

Seems to me if I were to judge and but in based on your version (which does set him up a bit smile ) he had an opportunity to engage her and work with her and chose not to, this is the choice he would have whether she went bricks and mortar or not. PG or not, asking a kid are you doing what you are supposed to do and then just trusting the answer when you have had issues and then getting pissed at her for it seems a bit odd. But you seem angry at him for throwing up his hands and calling the school - my
reaction was to you asking him to work with her and his version of that. Seems like it took two to tango here. Do you usually work with her and asked him to do this, or were you trying to find another way to get her to participate?

DeHe