This is just a thought from someone who knows a number of gifted kids that did not have the best time with online virtual school. She's 11 needing high input. But is she necessarily ready to produce the output and have the attention span and focus necessary to *really* do high school as a high achieving student? It may just simply be a case of asynchronous development. And she may be acting out due to poor fit.

I have a 10 year who is working at least at 8th to 9th+ grade level across the boards. But I know if I tried doing a virtual (or real) school at this point we'd either need to sacrifice the appropriate academic level for whatever output he could produce or vice versa. I think if I tried to get him to produce the output that a 9th grader does, he would be pushing back in a matter of minutes.

So we're "eclectic" homeschoolers. And I'm very cheap. We use our library quite a bit and I usually go with cheap curriculum (like Singapore). If I get 4-5 days a week with 2-3 hours in for my 10 year old I'm happy. He's still wildly ahead and he's enjoying himself too. Other than that he focuses on many extracurriculars (circus, piano, engineering team, swimming lessons, reading, etc).

I will also say, winter is hard. I think it's hard for kids in school and kids homeschooled and parents everywhere. crazy I can't tell you how many conversations I've had with other parents banging their heads against the wall in the past month.

I do think you should definitely follow up on the not eating thing in case something else could be going on.