Originally Posted by passthepotatoes
Originally Posted by ColinsMum
It really sounds as though her extracurricular activities are more educational than her curricular ones at the moment. Could you take advantage of that and drop some curricular stuff instead of the extracurriculars? )

Good suggestion. Different extracurriculars will offer her different opportunities for self exploration and social development.

This is very much how we run our "homeschool". Our extras tend to get more time/focus and if we can tread water and go wide academically we do. I seriously am trying to avoid sending my kids to college too early. They aren't the very focused, mature GT type. They're more like the too smart for their own good type. wink Music is such a great activity for my kids because they really get forced to try on a daily basis, so that would low on the list to go if we had to make cuts, but clearly YMMV. If it wasn't serving as a consistent challenge to them, I doubt we'd prioritize it like we do.

Good luck making your choices! I'm glad it looks like she's turned a corner and you're making some good decisions.