Here's my opinions:

She is going to have to get a much better upfront co-operative bedside manner to get anywhere with your daughter and her very opinionated mother. � �Hmm, do you have time to get on the same page ? �What kind of question is that?!

Find out how to call Aimee Yermish. �She posts on this board sometimes to answer people's questions. �I don't really know what she does besides administer tests and specialize in giftedness, but by reading what she writes she's way more thorough than "let's do the checklist and slap on a few generic lables". �She looks for the nuance and interprets how to help specific, individual children. �Google her and see if you can hire her as a consultant/advocate whatever it's called so she can know you're situation and help educate you how to guide your local psychiatrist into actually being of useful service to you. �I would if I didn't like what I was getting locally. �I wouldn't know who else to call. �Are you DYS? �

Sheesh. �Kids. �I guess there's Internet safety and things I haven't thought about yet. �But other than that if you don't want to micro-manage her day you might consider giving her a taste of her own medicine by making a little kid reward chart with chores, homework, eating, everything you would have to make a little kid do that you would have to do on your own if you lived by yourself. �Cook, eat, dishes, bathe, mop. �Use her star chart plus monopoly money to give her $6/week. �Charge her $1 for Internet, one dollar for electricity, and $1 for keeping snacks in the house. �Take the power cord to the computer (except during homework) or the lightbulbs from her room if she doesn't pay. �If she does pay then she's eating, doing homework, and hygiene, then let her be a night owl since she doesn't have a schedule.

Yes, I have been giving this some thought �even though my kids are pre-k because I desperately want to stay one step ahead of them. �

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar