Originally Posted by vicam
You also may want to contact Dr. Edward Amend, who is based in Kentucky. I talked with him via phone and he was and incredable resource. He would be able to help with sources in your area. He is one of the authors of the Misdiagnosis book. He returned my call and talked to me for an hour about my situation at the time. I had the best luck in calling his office and leaving a message.

Ditto. Dr. Ed seems awesome. We met him last summer at a talk - he chatted briefly with us and later with dd about whether or not dd needed a 2nd opinion. He did mention that he could review her previous raw scores and do a phone conference with us later if she hit another rocky patch. For us, it seemed like the right approach. Even if you tested locally, it seems like he would be a good person to consult about the PG/2E issues after you get all the raw data.

Out of curiosity, if you where going to travel for a consultation, do you think your dd would prefer talking to a man or a woman? Just a thought... And Living with Intensity is a good read, but it doesn't offer any solutions, which honestly is why I ordered it from Amazon - our local library doesn't have it.

Warning: sleep deprived