Originally Posted by Mom2MrQ
Originally Posted by shellymos
At one point DS6 whined to me and said he was thirsty and I told him "wait til it's over and you can get a drink from the fountain."
Do you have concerns that he will begin to feel like a "superstar" at school and expect or come to 'need' the attention from others? If they really do treat him like one of their own, then maybe you won't have that issue.

Not really worried about that, but you never know. We will bring him back down if he gets too high and mighty, Lol. He is confident, but doesn't at all try to stand out with his gifts and talents. He would rather blend in. I wouldn't say he is hiding things completely, but doesn't at all willingly share or bring things up. I think the kids treat him normal. Most of the adults do too...but the water bottle thing did annoy me. He should wait to get a drink just like everybody else does. He needs special services for Math and some other subjects. But doesn't need special seats and special water, etc. ; ) But I am not complaining though because he is getting the services he needs.