Originally Posted by mom2twoboys
Maybe, just Maybe this new school will actually work out! DS came home w/a second list of spelling words this week. I e-mailed the teacher who told me that b/c he's been acing his spelling test, she thought he could use more challenging words. ;-) ...

I think the new list is still too easy for him, but at least the teacher is noticing!
Excellent! I hope you emailed a positive word (or smilie!) in return, so the teacher realises you're with her, not complaining about him getting extra work.

We're meeting the head of DS6's school this afternoon - at his request, so not completely sure what's on the agenda. More later... ETA: since I'm still last in thread, I'll put it here: turns out the main point on the agenda was to explain why they don't think he should skip - which is fine, we don't either, on the whole, although we're glad to see it's something they're thinking about. Also, yay, that the head will take DS and another very mathy child for challenging maths with him. All is good, I think. DS is happy so far.

Last edited by ColinsMum; 09/29/10 12:06 PM.

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail