JJsmom -any news re: the charter?

I have some good news. DS7 has been at his new school for HG kids for about a month and a half. He has complained a bit since he started, telling us he liked the easy school and he doesn't like to have to think. Well, yesterday, I asked again if he was liking his new school. I finally got a yes!

I think this might be related to the fact that now he's having a lot of fun with math. At the school we transferred from, if you recall, we begged and pleaded for DS7 to get 3rd grade math, because he was ready for it. Well, at the new school, he was dropped right into the middle of 3rd grade math, and he's been doing fine. The teacher posted that the kids would be working on fractions, which DS7 has never done. I asked him in the car, "I hear you're working on adding and subtracting fractions with the same demoninator." He said he could do them with different demoninators too, and he proceeded to do one in his head for me. I waa so amazed that he learned this new concept so quickly, and I'm so happy that he now loves math again. smile Just put the kid at the right level, and he thrives.