Originally Posted by NCPMom
The spelling list - well, I hate to get back to the teacher and tell her it's too easy, but.... "Grandma, Clifford, happened, splash, iguana, igloo, picture, kitten, travel, magnificent..". What to do ? He got them all right this morning when I went over them with him - he just got them yesterday.

I can relate. That was us last year in first grade for DS6 (then 5). He had his own special words that the teacher did every week and so I give her much credit. But he always got 100% weekly and almost always knew how to spell the words before he got them. He never studied the words or anything. Also, some of the words were very odd and he had to use them in sentences so that took lots of time as he often didn't know what some of the words meant. He had words like: viscous, loafer, abode, ecosytem, lancet, biome. He had harder words but those were just some examples of ones he didn't really know about. LIke I said, I knew she was trying and it was his first year of school so I just let it go. We will see how things go this year for spelling. good luck!