Originally Posted by st pauli girl
Shellymos and irisheyes - wow! Great news! Irisheyes - I especially like the part about dd feeling comfortable and accepted. Awesome!

Along those same lines, I'm thinking that our DS6's acceleration can already be counted as a success because he also feels comfortable and happier with school in general. We just had an education plan meeting today, where we found out that DS6 has no troubles sharing information in class and doesn't seem shy at all. Last year, he did not want to speak up.

I'm happy to hear that from all of you. That emotional aspect is very important. We've always struggled with that part, and it seems to be getting worse, but it makes me very happy when I hear that others are overcoming these issues.

And totally unrelated....

What kinds of things are your children studying in first and second grades? We are all over the place because we homeschool and have that freedom, but I am curious about what others study. Do they teach science in first and second grades in most schools? Geography? Social studies? Or, do those things come later? Just curious really about how the school day is filled.

Off to catch some much-needed rest. sleep Hope you all have a good week/end.