I could not be happier! I have to say that there have been some ups and downs over the past year, but things are now going amazing and I am thankful for the services our school is providing. Starting next week DS6 will be starting a 4th grade math class and the school will transport him to another school for the class and then back to his home school for 2nd grade. He is excited about it. Also, we had a big meeting with everyone today to discuss the logistics and they had created an "advanced learning plan" for DS6 that outlines some of his modifications for his file and everyone signed to agree to this plan for the year (which includes regular reviews of the plan every 2 months). The plan is all centered around math since the math superintendent initiated this, but it is still an awesome start and the teacher is doing much differentiation in the class for him for other subjects too. So, we are very hopeful that this will be a great move and shocked with all the changes that the school has put in place for him. We live in NY and they have no gifted mandates and no gifted programming in our school district. And the first meeting we had with the school they said "we are not required to meet the needs of a profoundly gifted individual." How amazing how things have changed in just one year!! So for all of you struggling with schools, there is hope yet and I hope and pray that your schools support your children.