Yay for Irisheyes and st.pauli girl too!! It is great to hear good news sometimes. It really seems like you don't hear it too much out there. DS6 seems to be very happy, but he still has had one day where he talked to me about not feeling like he fits in. It's not that unusual though and he has been very positive about things for the most part. So yes in 2nd grade DS has social studies and science. I think some geography in social studies possibly. He did have science last year, but not formal social studies...just some topics from time to time that could be related to social studies. They have "writers workshop" silent reading time, group reading time, a special each day (gym 2x weekly, music, library and art once a week. Recess, lunch, morning meeting, computer lab, science lab 2x weekly, etc. I am sure there is more but that is the stuff that I know about at least. He is going to be going to Math at a different school and then go back to his class but the nice thing is that his regular 2nd grade teacher will be doing math at the time (and maybe some of the easier stuff that he is not as interested in like morning meeting) and then he will get back to his 2nd grade class in time for snack and other stuff that they do during the day. Sounds great to us and hopefully it works as well as it sounds!