DS got in to the circus school and has his first class today smile He is very very excited (and I am looking forward to having coffee alone for an hour while he does it lol). His fearlessness has remained, as has his determination to keep trying physical stuff until he gets it. I'm really happy for him as his hesitance has held him back for so long. I remember being quite similar as young child, not very physical, but once I reached 8 or so I developed a drive that seemed unstoppable. I'm happy to see it happening for him now.
I am really enjoying homeschooling at the moment. I like the little discussions we have while driving or shopping or walking. He seems to constantly think about numbers. He often says things like "Mum, half of 300 is 150!", which blows me away because we really have only touched on most of the things he comes out with and he hasn't really done any formal maths other than the occasional workbook page/online maths program. I'm pretty grateful to Khan Academy right now! This unschooling gig really seems a good fit for him.