Originally Posted by EastnWest
I am trying not to be GWE (green with envy) for Kriston's co-op. wink It sounds lovely. Hope you get the math bits figured out.

smile Thanks. I hope so, too.

BTW, the place the kids go is an actual school, not a co-op. I point this out not to be nit-picky (and I hope I don't seem nit-picky!), but so that people realize that there are a wide, wide range of options possible for homeschooling kids. This school was started by a homeschooling mom because she wanted something like it for her kids. If it sounds good to other people, maybe the idea can be transplanted! smile

Co-ops are generally significantly less "formal" than this school. The nonprofit, secular school isn't accredited and is geared to homeschoolers, but it has its own building that is dedicated solely to the school, the teachers and full-time administrative staff are paid, they write evaluations of each kid and will give letter grades if families desire those, they assign homework, they have yearbooks and school dances. Over 150 families--most with more than one child--attend at least one class there.

It's basically college but for kids aged 3-18. Take what you want and don't take what you don't need.

I'd love to see places like this springing up wherever there is a good contingent of homeschoolers, frankly, because I think it meets so many of the needs that we homeschoolers have.

Sorry to interrupt the conversation with my clarification. Carry on! wink

Kriston