Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind if I join in, even though my DD7 is technically a year older than the group.

She's scheduled to be a 2nd grader when school starts in 4 more weeks. At the end of first, she asked to be grade-skipped to 3rd, so we signed her up for testing, which will be the last week in July. She's since decided she'll be happier as a 2nd grader (the unhappiness of an unchallenging school year being a distant memory, and the unhappiness of being in a class of new kids being all too close), so we'll see how the testing goes. I think that just about any outcome (full grade skip, subject acceleration, no acceleration) could be a good placement for her in one way or another.

We're adding a second dance class, along with swim lessons, but I think she wants to drop the Nutcracker, so a net increase of one activity. If she gets a full grade skip, she may want more downtime after school, and we'd cut back again.

We just started Open Enrollment EPGY math, and DD seems to be enjoying it, although it took some adjusting to make it work for us. I don't think we're at the right level yet, but it's moving fast enough that DD isn't unhappy.

We don't get teacher assignments until a few days before school starts, and any in-class enrichment is at the teacher's discretion, so hopefully we'll get a teacher who can find ways to challenge her. I wish I knew what to suggest - helping other kids seems to be popular among teachers, but one of DD's complaints about first grade was that she had to help the other kids.