My DS6 went to a 3 day circus camp (daytime only) last week. I had given him the choice to attend for as many or as few days as he liked and he chose all three. It was the first time he has spent all day away from me with complete strangers so I was a bit nervous. He was very very shy and clingy when we arrived on the first day but once I was able to remove myself from his grip and sit on the edge of the room he relaxed and started chatting enthusiastically with the trainer and was happy for me to leave. He LOVED it. At the end of the first day he was just beaming and told me about all of the brave things he had tried. At the end of the second day there were tears but only because he had missed me, he was still keen to go back. On the third day he was beaming again. In the days since the camp he has shown a completely new attitude to physical challenge. He has been nervous about risk taking at the playground since he was about 3 so this is no small thing. He has been so brave, climbing higher than ever, trying again and again when things are hard.
I'm hoping like mad that he gets a place in this term's weekly classes as the environment obviously works so well for him.