This may be a little off-topic, because people are really talking more about academics ... but my dd who is only just 6 (summer birthday) has really surprised me this summer with her physical development. While not really delayed, I would previously have considered her average or slightly below in terms of coordination. She's been about on par with her highly athletic 4.5 yo sister.

However, this summer she has really clicked on so many physical things. I hope it doesn't sound like bragging, but I find it really exciting! She learned to ride a bike without training wheels, learned to swim across the deep end, jump and dive off the diving board and hit a tennis ball over the net. She couldn't do any of those things 3 months ago.

Her more cerebral passions (reading, legos, math) don't seem to have suffered, though we haven't seen any major leaps this summer. She did teach herself her multiplication tables because she said she's hoping, "we'll get to move on to some hard math this year in first grade." Fingers crossed... wink