Originally Posted by EastnWest
Maybe you should start a thread,

"Just when I thought we were going to fly under the radar..." lol

I had hoped DS6 could fly under the radar this year, at least for a little while, since instead of skipping a grade like he did last year he's just subject accelerated. But tonight at his open house his teacher was talking in a normal tone of voice and volume(!) to DS about meeting his two other teachers, which the other parents -- including a parent who is competitive and often brags about her DS -- could hear. Oh well.

OTOH, the open house went great. DS6 was feeling a bit nervous about having to go to two other teachers besides his main teacher, but when he met the teachers tonight they were all so wonderful with him and truly excited to have him in their classes. Yea! And, this is the first year that DD8's teacher doesn't know that she's younger than the rest of the class, as far as I know. I'm looking forward to her being a "normal" student. Besides, her teacher, too, was really wonderful talking with her. AND, we bumped into the GC who told us about the really great projects they have planned for the pull-out program which actually expand upon topics covered more generally in the regular classroom.

I'm excited to see what this year brings. Crossing my fingers that DS6 can live up to the challenge both academically (which I'm quite sure he can) and behaviorally.

She thought she could, so she did.