Originally Posted by shellymos
Maybe he could sleep more in the car on the way there. Of course my son NEVER does that even when we have gotten up really early for road trips. He either stares out the window, sings, reads, or talks a lot about random bits of information.

We just have to get our kids together sometime. This is my DS, exactly! All this talk about the kid getting enough sleep - I'm starting to get worried for myself (I hate getting up early!)

Thanks for the well wishes. He is starting to get excited now, too, because we told him some upcoming activities that the new teacher posted on his website. (Which, by the way, is already a huge improvement - we never knew what was going on at old school. I love, love, love that new teacher posts what's coming in the week ahead.)

When I picked up DS's stuff after school, his teacher said that there were quite a few tears when the kids found out that DS was leaving. He said he's been teaching quite a while, and had kids leave before, but this was the first time he's seen the classmates crying over it. I got a little teary-eyed myself hearing that! I will miss his current classroom teacher- he's a cool guy, and really did a lot to differentiate for DS.

And here's a funny: My mom picked up DS from school, and she said the first thing out of his mouth was, "Don't even think of hugging me. I've had quite enough of that today."