Hello Everyone! Summer is just getting started here so I am not thinking about fall too much yet...we don't start until after Labor day and just got out 2 weeks ago. ; ) DS6 is going into 2nd grade in our local public school. He is excited about going to second with some of the same kids from school...although not sure what class he will be in yet. We are hopeful that he will get a good teacher that will differentiate like last year. They are going to skype him into a 4th grade math class for the year, at least that is the plan for now. They acknowledge he is above 4th grade math curriculum for the most part...so not sure how this will work as he moves through things at such a quick pace. I can't imagine him going at the same pace as the rest of the class. I am excited that they are going to give him a curriculum though, this past year they just gave him some enrichment and random math sheets from anywhere between 3rd - 6th grade and that was it. And he will continue with the enrichment next year too, which he loves. We are still working on getting him the reading acceleration that he desperately needs. Hopefully he will get accelerated a few grades for that as well.

Regarding the questions, that still happens. DS used to always tell people he skipped K when they would ask him if he was in K. I kept telling him that he didn't need to say that and could just say "I am in first." But it was true that usually there were more questions. This week we were at the dentist he said to DS "so you are going to be going into first" and DS said "no, second" The dentist was confused and looked at his chart and back at DS and said "I am confused, am I doing this right?" and I responded with "yup, your math is correct...but he is going into second." He didn't say anything else about it. So yes, there are still some questions and it is still annoying sometimes...but DS knows what is going on so it's not that hard to just say that that is what he needs.

AND he doesn't know how to tie his shoes yet either. We have only showed him once so we need to get on that. I just don't want it to be something that makes him stand out or makes others tease him about it...so we will have to buckle down....or tie down, whatever. : )