Our DS6 isn't very physical either. He hates his bike, along with most sports, because he's not very good at physical stuff. He's very cautious about everything and likes to spend a good deal of time watching before participating. But he wants to try soccer this fall. I had to get special permission to have him play with the K-1 group instead of the grade 2-6 group. I was disappointed to learn that our local Y offers sports by grade, rather than age. We are in a smallish town, so the Y dominates the sports activities outside of school. Luckily, they bent their policy when they learned the facts. It just made me think that there may be a lot of special permissions we'll have to get in the next several years. Sigh.

Re: push ups -- The gymnastics coach told us that DS-then-5 needed to do push ups to get some arm strength. I thought she was joking at first. We never could get him to do it.

Last night one of our adult friends asked DS6 if he was going into first grade. DS responded with glee that he was skipping first and going into second. I'm wondering if any of you with kids who have been accelerated have found something for your kids to say instead of the bragging "I'm skipping!" In this case, it led to a bunch of adults asking DS math questions, which we haven't experienced before.