I went to DS6's 4th grade school for a presentation today (he is part in 2nd and part in 4th at 2 different schools). On the way in I felt a little weird because I almost felt that staff was treating me like my DS6 was a celebrity. The principal told me that she loves him and wishes she could take him home with her, and then acknowledged that she knows that may be a little weird for me to hear (lol). Then his math teacher came and talked about how great he is doing and showed me his first math test with a 96%. And his math coordinator sat next to DS during this math presentation and was telling him how proud she was of him because of his test grade. At one point DS6 whined to me and said he was thirsty and I told him "wait til it's over and you can get a drink from the fountain." The math coordinator got up and went accross the room and got a bottle of water out of her bag and gave it to him! Then my favorite part, was after the whole presentation was over he was leaving to go back to his other school and one of the students in his class said by to him and then he gave DS6 a high five. Then DS6 kept his hand out and every student in the class said bye to him by name and gave him a high five. And all seemed genuine in the whole thing. It was a strange thing to see, but kind of cool. You can tell they all like eachother. He has only been in this class for 2 weeks now and the teacher says they have really accepted him and treat him normal. Although the whole high 5 thing may say otherwise, LOL. Anyhow, strange but kind of cool. Still a little worried that it may not be challenging enough in 4th grade, but he seems to be enjoying it as the first unit was some new geometry stuff for him that he had not been exposed to...and he loved using his compass and protractor.