thanks for continuing the thread JJsMom!

Nice to hear from folks, new and not-so-new. smile

My ds6 has been going to fun camps and we have had less time for "academics". Well, not really. He still asks plenty of questions about math, how the world works, etc. (How were you born, Mom? How was the first person in the world born? etc...)
we still do math problems at breakfast lunch and dinner. DS is also reading more.

I have tried not to think too much about 1st grade the way I obsessed over K. It is certainly nice to hear everyone's experiences. I am trying not to be GWE (green with envy) for Kriston's co-op. wink It sounds lovely. Hope you get the math bits figured out.

Based on the first grade open house they had last spring I am hoping 1st grade will at least be more interesting, if not more challenging. In otherwords, I have to accept that they won't be doing multiplication but at least they will have more special projects, field trips etc.

In our district 1st grade is where "the real work" begins. My (mostly likely) MG kid has been ready for it for a long time now. As Irisheyes' dd pointed out, "enough with the single digit addition already!"

I am glad we still have half the summer left. At the same time I am kind of looking forward for the school year to begin. We've always "afterschooled" so I am looking forward to putting together our own learning plan for the fall.

EW