Originally Posted by onthegomom
"I'm proud of my reader Children"

I just wanted to share my experience. I was around a few of DS10's classmate's moms. They were saying it was recommended the students read a particular book over the summer. None of the boys did this and now they only have a week to read it.
The were saying how this would be hard. This little conversation made me think about my blessings.

My son read the book the first month of summer vacation with out any promting. He also read this book two years ago and enjoyed it enough to read many more by the author. DS read several books not required weekly all self motivated.

Sometimes my kids just feel average to me and then I get in a situation like this and realize how special they are. I love that my children are big readers.

Same here! They just LOVE books, and that is a wonderful thing.

I was just speaking with a co-worker today and she told how she never felt that excited about reading until upper high school and college, but now definitely enjoys it. I can't imagine! Mom used to drop us off at the library for a few hours on a saturday and it was just the best time. lol!
My kids think going to the used book store is better than just about anything. Bizarre, but I love it too, so I guess it has rubbed off.