Originally Posted by squishys
Thanks, Aquinas. It seems other babies on here are far more advanced, but I am happy with my baby-o's development.

My mum was very happy, and sounded like she was crying a little when I rang her lol.

That's great that your boy is spelling! Is he into numbers? I remember my DS6 at that age doing the same; he is a mathy kid, didn't talk much, but knew a million and one words and used to type them on the computer at two. By the time he was 2.5 he typed 'strawberry jam'.

That's impressive (and delicious)!

DS is mathy enough, but not to the extent of some of the children of forum members. He figured out one-to-one counting of objects to 10 around 1 and very simple addition and subtraction about 6 or 7 months ago to about 5, but nothing much since. But perhaps it manifests more subtly than the language. He's forever finding shapes and patterns wherever we go and loves the digital countdown on our pedestrian traffic lights. We shall see...! He seems to be on a verbal spurt lately.

Last edited by aquinas; 07/08/13 01:19 PM. Reason: For redundancy: "pedestrian crosswalk". Duh, aquinas!