DD5 came to my lego robotics team meeting on Friday afternoon (the team is a middle school team). We do not have many legos at home (this could be changing quickly however wink ) but she jumped right in there and managed to get one of the kids building the robot to rely on her alone to supply him with parts by finding all of the parts in the pictures before the other 3 boys found any of them.

Then today, while DD10 was having some friends over, DD5 decided she would do school work with me while I did some grading. She wanted to do some math, so I found an addition sheet on the web that you needed to answer the questions in order to know which color to color the octopus. It turned out the sheet was 2 digit addition, complete with carrying. She knew how to do it by drawing squares, I showed her how to write it the regular and how to carry once and she quickly and easily did most of the worksheet on her own! Including some where she did them in her head instead of writing it out.
No wonder the +0 and +1 problems she is doing in school are driving her crazy. crazy