DD4.5 was accepted to a great private school that looks to be a wonderful fit for her. I am so excited for her to begin there. They have so much to offer her.

On a trip recently we brought a bag of thickish chapter-y type books. She spent nearly the entire time on the plane (4 legs) reading--Mercy Watsons, Mouse and Moles, Franklins, a Rainbow Magic and more--for pleasure. She went through the entire bag. (Meanwhile, DH and I played games on our smart devices.) We have been checking out fifty books at a time, and I love finding her with a new book, her finger tracing the lines while her lips move silently.

She also figured out negative numbers all on her own (with the help of a giant number line on the floor of our children's museum I think.) While waiting in security, she asked what was 8 minus 10? I took a deep breath. "Well, that is tricky..."

DD: "It is negative two, right?"

Me: "How did you know that?"

DD: "8 minus 8 is 0, take away two more is negative one, negative two."

She did the same thing with adding fractions. "Did you know 3 halves are more than a whole? and 5 quarters? 6 quarter equals one and a half."

She has also been really poetic recently. She will make up 6 or so lines of poetry at a time. And, she loves word play. "It says 'KEEP OUT'--I am creeped out!"