i'm new, and so upset about what's happening to my kid that maybe this is what i really need right now - a break from thinking about everything.

my daughter is 5, just started school, is totally apathetic in her class - we recently found out she's hiding her abilities from her teachers. ugh.

she is currently sitting in her room drawing, quoting word for word an audiobook of the classic English boarding school series, Malory Towers. she's doing all the dialogue and narration, and filling in the interstitial music. she may have heard the series twice.

last night, she was watching more videos of surgery on YouTube (her special passion) and learning technique, noticing the differences between surgeons and wondering about the benefits of the different methods.

this is the kid they feel has trouble catching on in school. what a relief to say some of this stuff - i'm always reigning it in.

wait - there's an "isolation thread" - ha, i think i feel better already! thank you all.

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.