that is so cool, Ametrine! i always think it's so neat to hear what actually goes on inside their heads - i hardly ever get that from my kid!

my stuff... (sorry it's longwinded - we seem to have had quite an exciting week around here.)

it's now a week into homeschooling, and DD5 has raised her reading level an entire grade since i last tested her in august, and i just got a report that she has finished 40% of the Grade 3 math in her online practice program. she also did some sick geometry this week: designing, measuring and building her own contiguous patterns for several quite complex 3D shapes.

also... we've always kept a bike for her in the shed, but she's never been that interested. this morning at breakfast, she boldly announces that "those useless training wheels are holding me back." i stifle a laugh - there speaks the Great Rationalizer - but i'm thrilled, so we get out the wrench and pop them off.

i was secretly hoping she'd finally experience a little healthy failure - but sadly, it was not to be. she climbs onto the bike, shrugs my hand off her back and RIDES AWAY LAUGHING. (yay/arg)

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.