A couple of straight-up brags on my DD this week:

1. Recently one of her rifle coaches was chatting with her and her dad at the weekly meetup after practice, you know, just kind of socializing and shooting the breeze. Apparently the subject of college and academics, and music, etc. etc. had come up. When DD had gone up to the counter to get another refill on her soda, the coach turned to my DH and asked-- amazed-- Is there ANYTHING that she isn't great at?? It was a serious and kind of awestruck question. This person (at the time) had no idea that she is only 14, making it even more of a brag. He thought she was a 17yo.

2. APUSH. DD opted to sign up for semester B once she dropped the mess of Precalc (which was a total stinker of a class), freeing up some extra time. Yes, she already has 2 AP classes. Yes, it's 4 weeks into the new term... Yes, it's the second semester. DD just shrugged. And smiled. Five days later, she's made up the first three weeks of the class (while keeping up with everything else just fine, tyvm) and earning 100% on everything she's turned in. She hasn't mentioned this one to her friends (some of them MG-HG) who have been slogging through this with a great deal of difficulty and angst. So here is about the only place that I can talk about this. She's ENJOYING this. She loves the written analysis and the references to original source literature, etc. LOVES the amount of reading to support the inferential learning. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.