I'm brand new to the board - it's so nice to find a place like this! I must admit, I don't even know what to write here - suffice it to say that my husband and I have all but stopped talking about what my son (3 years old) does on a daily basis because we are sick of the looks, the 'you must be drilling him', the 'stop teaching him things!", the 'oh, you're lying',...etc. it has become rather frustrating, sometimes infuriating.

So let's see what I can come up with...

The basics:

My son is a math head. He has been from the very beginning - currently, he is hovering around 3rd grade math...anything with numbers, he is immediately drawn to. (for ex. he watched a youtube video about the digits of pi, in song, and from that memorized 60 some-odd digits past the decimal...and I still only know like 5, lol!)

He can read incredibly well - of course, getting him to read is a trial (he would rather be read to.) That's a double-edged sword, because I really want him to WANT to read, but don't want to push it on him either. (if anyone has an opinion on how to help with that, please feel free to enlighten me! Though it might be as simple as...'he will when he's ready,' and that's ok, too.)

I'm only scratching the surface but I don't think I need to write a book here. Every day he amazes and scares the living daylights out of me...because as much as my husband and I research giftedness and how to deal with it, the very thought of him not being challenged and all the hurdles we will have to face (emotionally as well as cognitively) is almost too much to bear.