I find that in general, I can brag about one of these things at a time, but if you put it all together, it seems that I'm going a little overboard with the bragging, so I figured I'd bring it here wink
The first is that my son (5th grade,age 10 - turns 11 in June) has been a straight A student in 6th grade math all year.
Second - he plays soccer, and he is GOOD. He plays on a U12 team (age is defined by how old they are on July 31st - so, he would be super young on a U11 team, which is his correct age group - but he has been playing "up" for several years now). This past weekend, they were in a futsal tournament, and he scored 11 goals - they made it to the final, but lost to a golden goal in extra time. He has also been asked to be part of the ODP (Olympic Development Program) for his own age group - this is a program for select players, to prepare them for state, college and national teams. What I find interesting is that he is super small for his age, but still excels - I can only imagine how good he'll be when he's grown a little and got some speed !!
Third - he won the chess championship in his school - last year (his first year) he came second, so he was thrilled to win it this year).
Fourth - he was accepted into a brand new full time gifted middle school program (which, happily, is at the school he already attends 6th grade math for).
All in all, he's having a great year ! smile