This is probably an odd thing to be "proud" of, but I am very proud of my DD because this kind of thing is her real passion.

She is an officer in her school's honor society chapter, and she is leading the insurrection against a unilateral policy change which apparently comes from the (first-year member) president-- a policy which she has pointed out may well violate not only the spirit of non-discrimination, but probably the letter of it as well from an ADA standpoint--

she is hot over this. But she's responding coolly, with well-considered debating techniques and professional language, and she is considering how and when to escalate her concerns.

Her concerns are:

that this is a change in practices, policies, and procedures which CREATES barriers to participation for students who are non-traditional, those who are non-Christian, and those who are rural/poor/disabled.

She is positively alight with outrage over this-- it's pushed her social justice buttons with full force.

And she's going to win. She's also probably going to succeed in taking this other (PG) kid's office from him as a result, because she dotted all her i's and crossed all her t's socially before she went after him over it-- by checking with members and other officers and explaining/persuading them to see things through the "right" lens.

It's an amazing thing to watch her in full flight. WOW-- she's good. Scary good.

Go, DD!!! Fighting for the downtrodden since 1999... that's m'girl. cool

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.