You know, I am totally confused about this and need to ask how it works. The info says: "Participation in the 4th–6th Grade Talent Search provides students with exciting, stimulating and challenging opportunities through online lessons, publications, contests, the Duke TIP Book Club and an optional above-level testing experience, the EXPLORE® test." But my letter indicates that she qualified in math. Maybe qualifying in one area lets you take the whole shebang? Doesn't it have a lot of sections?

I'm wondering if she just botched one or two on the reading and that was enough to nudge her out of the 95th+%. I suspect this test has a low ceiling, and she does overthink. Math is math and it's harder to overinterpret.

ETA: Never mind--just found it: "All students currently participating in the Duke TIP 4th-6th Grade Talent Search may register for EXPLORE. " So I guess everyone who scores highly enough on one of the tests can register. What I didn't know is that her IQ would have qualified her to take EXPLORE anyway.

Last edited by ultramarina; 09/24/13 05:55 PM.