Coming back in to add that a random listener did request sheet music for DS’s arrangement and it was amazingly quick to produce. I’d bought him a cheap small MIDI device and he has free Flat software. He just performed the piece, checked and modified the notation and uploaded within a couple of hours (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_9pLaRZy9SwXNkCHRY_Veupn-ymvWreJ/view). I’m just imagining how many sheets of manuscript paper the great composers went through and the labour and time they devoted with feather and ink, in contrast to the incredible convenience of digital technology.

Interestingly, I’d been trying to persuade DS to buy Sibelius music notation software (because I just have that itch to spend money to support him) but whilst he was considering whether to use duplets or dotted quavers for annotation (they are equivalent and actually best used interchangeably depending on the other notes that are to be played simultaneously), I read on a forum that users have to use workarounds to get Sibelius to annotate duplets correctly, so I’m impressed with the free software (trying to persuade him to buy the extended product now 😆).