An odd brag that only parents here could understand...

Our school behavior perfectionist DD9 told her GT math teacher off, balled up her assignment, and shoved it in her desk. I'm supposed to not react like Haymitch did when Katniss shot the arrow at the apple in the roasted pig's mouth, right?

I mean, it's only yesterday that DD politely asked this teacher for harder work, because she's been doing long division... AGAIN... and she's getting frustrated with doing all the same work she did last year, in what's supposed to be a gifted class. So if the teacher isn't going to respond to polite requests, maybe this will get her attention.

Meanwhile, I'm glad they finally got a tiny glimpse of what we have been seeing every time we've had to pull her out and homeschool. We are not those parents like they always figured... she's that kid. Teach her something new, or beware the consequences.

Oh, and that whole ball-up-your-math-and-tell-your-teacher-you-refuse-to-do-it bit? DD ripped it right from my own playbook. I did this in 2nd grade, because being the best-behaved was never a goal for me. DD has heard this story more than once, because one of her favorite chat topics is "Bad Things Dad Did as a Kid."

I am soooo giving DD a thumbs up when she comes home tonight.