This is such a great thread. I really need to spend more time on this forum. I feel like I can't talk about my daughter much at all around most other moms because I feel like people think I'm exaggerating or acting as if she's better than their kids (which I don't think that!).

She is just over 25 months old.. she has been obsessed with the alphabet since she was about 18 months old and knows the phonetic sound of almost every single letter and is starting to recognize words. She has such a true passion for it and will do word or alphabet related activities all day long. She counts easily to 10/12 and we've been working on counting to twenty and she's already almost got that down (and I am just encouraging her leads, of course).

Most of all, what blows me away about her is that she truly CONVERSES. Her vocabulary is beyond anything I could keep track of. She uses such advanced (or so it seems for a freshly two year old) phrases and tone of voice. She will attempt any word she hears. She was even saying 'rhinoceros'.

She's also fully potty trained, even overnights! Yay!

Thanks for being a safe place to share.

Z - 01/23/11 and O - 05/12/13